Cooking food while camping can be the most daunting and stressful part of your trip. As a result, most people fall into the classics such as baked potatoes, hot dogs, burgers. Don’t get me wrong, this food is super delicious. However, I think it’s time you switch things up. Choose at least one of these fast and easy camping meals for your upcoming outdoor adventures.
1. Campfire Quesadillas
This is best taken while you’re on your last night at the campsite.
- Place the left over cheese, meats and vegetables into a tortilla to create quesadillas.
- Put your tortilla wrap into a pan, add ingredients, then top it with another tortilla.
- Make sure you cover the pan, which will help in melting the cheese.
This only takes 10 minutes, then you’ll have a quick and easy campfire recipe.
2. Canned Soup And Crostini Slices
One of the simplest meal to cook when camping is canned soup. Choose a flavor, heat it up, and there goes your easy camping meal. However, if you would like a much more hearty meal after your outdoor adventures, you can add a few more items.
- Warm up your soup in a pan.
- Cook a can of beans, place them in with the cooked soup.
- Grill some protein, cut it up and add that in.
- Toast some Crostini slices on top of the fire pit grate.
Place the soup in a bowl, then dip the Crostini slices to get every last bit. Below are some easy camping meal ideas that will need to be prepared before the camping trip.
3. Marinated Steak Kebabs
Easy camping meals are essential for an outdoor adventure. Which is why kebabs are a camping must-have. They’re simple to prepare and cook. However you will have to prepare these beforehand.
- Slice the steak into small cubes, the smaller the better (They will cook faster). Make sure they’re all the same size to ensure they cook at the same speed, and not get any under-cooked or over-cooked.
- Put the meat in with the marinade until it’s time to cook. Place it in a sealed container, then take it with you to your campsite.
- Cut the vegetables and potatoes, then season them as you wish.
After everything is prepared, slide everything onto kebab sticks, then place it over the fire. If you’re cooking on a fire pit grate over an open flame, the cooking time will be the same as on a grill (10 minutes). Make sure you’re turning them over for the same results each side.
4.Vegetables, Chicken, And Beans In Tinfoil
You will have to plan ahead if you want to make this outdoor meal fast and easy. What you will need to have prepared beforehand:
- Chicken, Marinate it for a couple hours, or give it a spice rub.
- Slice and marinate the vegetables.
Place the meat and vegetables in your tin foil, add a slice of butter and close it up. Put the tin foil package over the fire pit grate for 20 minutes. While that’s cooking, put the can of beans on the heat as well. After this is done, serve and enjoy 🙂
5. Salad And Pizza
Pizzas are always good camping food ideas. You can be creative as much as you want with this meal, AND you can easily cook it for a large group of people. However you will need to realize that all of this will have to be prepared entirely before the trip.
- Buy any type of frozen pizza, keep it cold until it’s time to cook.
- Create your own pizza a day beforehand. Add meat, cheese, sauce, veggies, and then freeze it yourself.
Cook the pizza on a grate. But make sure the temperature is high enough above the fire to allow it to cook thoroughly, without burning the crust. This can also be done in the frying pan over a fire, which can help prevent burning.
If you liked these camping recipes, then please let me know in the comment section below. I’d love to know what camping recipes you have 🙂