After camping for many years and reviewing outdoor products on my blog, I’ve seen the struggles people go through when purchasing and receiving their air bed.
This lead me to creating a full buyers guide for the best air mattresses.
What you’ll discover is the struggles users go through, the common complaints and all the other important things no one is telling you.
Air Loss (Biggest Complaint, Period)
There are people purchasing air mattresses, not knowing how they work and returning them before fully trying them out!
They are complaining about their mattress deflating while in use and not lasting the entire night.
The thing is: this happens with almost all brands of air mattresses, it doesn’t matter if it’s cheap or expensive.
These products are called “duds” and they have slipped through quality control and into the hands of customers.
Now some are duds and some aren’t given enough time to “fully stretch” before customers are jumping to conclusions.
When you first get your air mattress please read the instructions and do as they say, or you’ll wonder why it’s deflating in the first few hours.
This term is known as stretching.
Your air mattress isn’t fully ready until the material has stretched, which is done over a couple of days of inflating and re-inflating.
Eventually it will adjust itself and hold air longer than the first few days.
As a rule of thumb: Add air every night. Don’t freak out because it’s lost a little air, just keep adding more each night because more times than not it fixes itself.
Super Simple Inflation and Deflation
Gone are the days of using a hand pump to inflate air beds.
In fact, there’s no need to wrestle your air bed back into the storage bag either thanks to the built-in electrical pumps.
These pumps FULLY deflate the mattress so there’s literally no air left inside.
It’s just a matter of deflating the mattress, folding it up and putting it back into the travel bag so it’s ready to use on your next adventure.
Because of this, more and more people are adopting air beds with built-in pumps and taking them on their camping trips.
1. Therm-A-Rest MondoKing 3D Self-Inflating Foam Camping Mattress – The biggest, warmest and most comfortable portable mattress available
A little different to what I’ve recommended in this article, but hear me out just a second.
The MondoKing 3D Self-Inflating Foam Camping Mattress is a little more expensive than the others mentioned, but there is literally zero bad feedback for it.
It’s self-inflating and warm thanks to the 4-inch thick mattress and luxury lining.
It is designed with ultimate comfort in mind which makes it a no-brainer for your wilderness excursions.
The Mondoking 3D is actually the “biggest and warmest portable mattress available” as it offers 20% more sleep surface with the vertical walls and an R-value of 11.4 (the higher the value the warmer it is).
The dual-valves allow for expansion as soon as its unpacked and can be inflated to fit your firmness needs with a few breaths, only if it’s needed.
It is self-inflating and deflating so no air mattress pump is required.
Two of these air mattresses can be fitted together to create an extra-large sleeping pad.
- High value for money – you’ll easily get your moneys worth, plus more
- No back pain, no bottoming out
- A good choice for tall/large people thanks to the long length and width
- Super comfortable and super insulated from below. It truly is one of the warmest air mattresses and most comfortable. It feels like you have a real bed out in the woods
- It is bulky when rolled
- A little heavy for backpackers
When it comes to the Therm-A-Rest MondoKing 3D, there is one thing the manufacturers want you to have, and that is a truly comfortable, warm bed for your travels.
Well my friend, this mattress truly exceeded my expectations.
It is a little more expensive than the other mattresses here, but quality, warmth and comfortability is what you’re paying for with this bed.
Everyone has loved their purchase and no one is complaining.
That is rare for an air mattress, which is why I have give it 5/5 stars.
A true beast in my opinion!
My Final Rating
2. King Koil QUEEN SIZE Luxury Raised Air Mattress – Includes a built-in pillow, holds air in and blows up in 3 minutes flat
The King Koil QUEEN SIZE Luxury Raised Air Mattress is a more popular mattress and has received a lot of purchases.
There is a built-in pillow so you can save space while out camping, extra thick quilt top for spinal support and Coil-Beam construction for the most comfortable nights sleep.
It stays firm for good sleeping posture and the suede top keeps the bedding in place and not on the floor.
It inflates in 3 minutes tops thanks to the internal electrical pump and deflates just as quickly.
King Foil offer 3 sizes: Twin, Queen and California King, which all come with an extended 1-year warranty.
The ultra grip bottom stops it from sliding and holds a total weight of 600 pounds.
Fun fact about King Foil (pulled from Amazon): “KING KOIL ® IS THE ONLY manufacturer that is endorsed by the International Chiropractors Association to help promote proper spinal alignment and a healthier night’s sleep.
They even create mattresses for the best hotels in the world!”
- Reports of feeling even more comfortable than traditional foam mattresses
- Blows up extremely fast, which is done in 3 minutes
- High value for money
- It’s high quality, time-tested and one of the few air mattresses that stands true to the claims
- It’s sturdy and keeps the air in
- Includes an optional port to use a battery powered pump for when you’re camping
- The company stand by their product and they have great customer service
- They advertise it as a queen size but it is a little smaller than that (It is 72 inches long not 80 inches)
- A bad option for anyone over 6-feet unless you want your feet hanging off the edge
The King Koil QUEEN SIZE Luxury Raised Air Mattress has received a lot of purchases, and because of that, it has accumulated many reviews.
Of course with this many purchases there’s going to be at least some backlash from the community.
Most of these people are complaining about it losing air and deflating, but just like I said at the start of this article, they are are part of the small few that slip through quality control.
It is inevitable and the reason why this air mattress has a good reputation, it’s highly affordable and one of the best in its price range.
My Final Rating
3. Lazery Sleep Air Mattress – Feels like a real mattress and helps with lower back pain
This heavy duty air mattress provides the exact same comfort of foam mattresses!
This is all achieved through the 40 internal air coils, double chamber design and 7 different firmness settings.
These settings range from soft and plush to extra firm.
The leak proof material stops it from collapsing in the night so you stay comfortable until morning.
It includes a built-in pump and it only takes a quick 4 minutes to fully inflate, which then shuts off automatically once complete.
The top layer consists of an extra thick, puncture proof, waterproof and durable material to ensure it lasts for many years of consistent use.
It folds up easily and holds a total weight of 500 pounds.
- Tall and beefy
- The pump is built into the bed itself
- Very sturdy when inflated and holds air extremely well
- Comfortable and cozy with the felt lining (makes it feel like a real mattress)
- 7 firmness settings
- Has a remote for inflating/deflating
- Helps with lower back pain
- Loud motor during inflation
The manufacturers emphasize the fact that it’s just as comfortable as a normal bed but usable anywhere and everywhere.
They are so confident in their claims because they are all TRUE.
People use them at home to replace their own bed!
There is no residual air when it is deflated, it’s comfortable, inflates in 4 minutes and helps people with lower back pain sleep easier.
There is only one minor con and that is the loud motor whilst being inflated.
Other than that, I’m a big fan. The Lazery Sleep Air Mattress is highly recommended.
My Final Rating
4. yeacar Air Mattress Blow Up Raised Airbed – Inflates and deflates without the need of a wall outlet
The yeacar Air Mattress also feels like you’re sleeping on a real bed thanks to the multi-layer soft flocked top.
This one holds a total weight of 650 pounds and is made of 0.4 mm nontoxic PVC to ensure it stays comfortable and stable.
The built-in manual air valve pump makes for easy inflation and takes LESS than 4 minutes to fully inflate. Because of this, it can literally be put up anywhere.
It consists of multiple layers and puncture-resistant material for longevity and stays fully inflated the entire night.
The bottom of this air mattress is also coated with PVC and stops it from sliding.
It’s super easy to clean (which is done with mild soap and water) and comes with a free repair kit.
The rounded grooves on the corners allow sheets to fit easily and stay there.
- Manual air valve allows inflation and deflation without a wall outlet
- Doesn’t feel like an air mattress with the amount of comfort it provides
- Extra thick flocked top adds durability and comfort
- Does not leak, stays up the entire night thanks to the superb sealing technology
- Waterproof flocked top
- Easy to clean
- Includes a free repair kit
- Slightly smaller than other queen sized air mattresses
The yeacar Air Mattress Blow Up Raised Airbed stands up to the claims of being comfortable and sturdy.
It has many useful features good for camping – such as the manual air valve, waterproof top and the fact that it’s easy to clean.
There’s even a carry bag and free repair kit just in case it gets punctured when you’re out “roughing it” in the wild.
I enjoy this air mattress for the simple reason that it’s high quality, durable and doesn’t feel like an air mattress at all.
Great product, highly recommended!
My Final Rating
5. Zoetime Upgraded Queen Size Double Air Bed – No negative feedback and feels BETTER than a foam mattress
The Zoetime Upgraded Queen Size Double Air Bed provides multi-layer soft top flocking for all-night comfort and holds a total weight of 227 kilograms (or 500 pounds).
The electrical pump requires a wall outlet and easily stores away in the built-in compartment when not in use.
However, this shouldn’t be an issue in a public campsite. If not, a Boston valve is available for use of an external pump.
It includes puncture-resistant, double layer construction material to maintain form throughout the night and prevents leakages.
There are indented sides and rounded corners to allow regular queen-sized sheets to fit correctly.
The Zoetime Upgraded Queen Size Double Air Bed is easy to clean and achievable with a damp cloth, comes with a storage bag, extended warranty and lifetime support!
- Feels much like a real bed when you’re out camping since it’s extremely comfortable with good materials
- Major compliments of being more comfortable than a foam mattress
- No leaking even after being inflated for a week straight
- Super good quality and blows the competition out of the water
- So easy to set up and only takes 5 minutes to fully inflate
- A good reputation within the online community
- Requires a wall outlet to inflate and deflate
- Takes longer to deflate than to inflate
There’s one thing in common with a lot of air mattresses online, a small number of them have problems such as air leakages, seams opening up, etc.
With the Zoetime Upgraded Queen Size Double Air Bed, there was none of that.
There is literally no bad feedback at the time of writing this review and that my friend, says a lot considering it’s affordable, high quality and stands up to the massive claims.
The Zoetime Air Bed is amazing and worth every penny!
My Final Rating
6. Coleman SupportRest Double High Airbed – A true outdoor air mattress and the best thousands have used
The Coleman SupportRest Double High Airbed is designed specifically for camping, making it good for both indoor and outdoor use.
It features an extra height for getting off and on easier, a soft plush top for comfort, and a Support Locking system for the ultimate sleeping surface.
The AirTight system and Double Lock valve keeps all air in and has been factory-tested before being released to the public.
Storing it is simple and easy thanks to the Wrap ‘N’ Roll technology. Just fold it, roll it then store it in the included carry pouch.
It supports up to 600 pounds and includes a 1-year limited warranty.
The rechargeable pump is not needed but is recommended by Coleman, which is sold separately.
- Designed for both indoor and outdoor use – getting the best of both worlds
- Very durable and good quality considering the affordable price range
- Can be used as a primary mattress
- Really comfortable as many users have found out first hand
- It appears to be the best air mattress people have used thus far
- Can be used as a primary mattress since it holds air for an extended period of time
- A little over-sized for a queen mattress so finding sheets that fit is difficult
- No built-in air pump and the one available is sold separately
This mattress is from Coleman, which of course are one of the top manufacturers for outdoor products.
Because they specialize in outdoor equipment, it has surpassed my expectations and blown the competition out of the water.
So many users like that it holds air for an insanely long period and has a quality unmatched for its price bracket.
I wasn’t expecting to see anything new from this mattress but it certainly performs better than what I and thousands of others had in mind.
Not fitting sheets properly isn’t a big issue, neither is the pump being sold separately.
This is a high value air mattress if I ever did see one!
My Final Rating
7. Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person PVC-Free Air Bed Mattress – Half the weight of traditional air mattresses and virtually never loses air
Another air mattress designed for the rugged outdoor weather is the Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person PVC-Free Air Bed Mattress.
It has a patented stabilizer system which eliminates bounce and movement disturbances, and a Boston valve for adjusting firmness to your hearts desire.
The thermoplastic polyurethane material provides the durability it needs for camping and makes it even easier with the light weight and packability.
It is PVC-free, which offers benefits such as: stable temperatures, abrasion resistance and better durability.
Being less than 6 pounds makes it less than half the weight of traditional air beds and has many features not found on others, too.
A battery operated pump and storage bag is included in the purchase.
- Holds all air without a problem and lasts the entire night, plus more
- High quality and durable, as people are using it for months with frequent use and it’s still good
- It is rugged and specifically designed for indoor and outdoor use, so a great choice for camping
- Has an option to adjust the firmness
- Inflates in a mere 3 minutes
- No heat retraction technology, making it chilly without a good sleeping bag
- The storage bag is TOO BIG for the air mattress
- The electrical pump is weak. You’ll be better off purchasing a stronger one
- Has a rubbing noise when rolling over in the night
People are combating the coldness by putting a fleece over top and then covering it with a sheet, wherein it works like a charm.
Doing this also stops that annoying rubbing noise.
It’s less expensive than the other air mattresses mentioned and does a better job, because the pros still outweigh the cons.
I’ve discovered that it is one of the strongest to take on a camping trip because the material is so strong and puncture-resistant.
For the price, you can’t go wrong with the Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person Air Bed Mattress.
My Final Rating
8. Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress – Has an extended height, extended warranty and great customer service
The top of this mattress is nontoxic, extra thick, stable, comfortable and feels like a real bed as a result.
The maximum weight is 650 pounds and provides all-night comfort thanks to the special inner construction.
Inflation time is 3-5 minutes and can be done via the built-in electrical pump, with a compartment for storing away the power cable when not in use.
An external pump can connect and inflate it anywhere, whether that be in your home, a public campsite or the wilderness.
This air mattress also includes double layer construction and puncture-proof material for holding air through the night.
The top is waterproof and the underside is coated with PVC to prevent sliding.
The Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress has superior welding for air tight seams and eliminating leakages, and a unique edge to stop people from falling off.
- Feels just as comfortable as a normal bed
- Doesn’t lose air
- Very quick to setup and deflate
- High quality and durable
- Very roomy
- Extended height, making it easy to get on and off
- Comes with an extended warranty
- Amazing customer service
- The pump is loud
- Reports of bad quality control issues
There are reports of people receiving defected air mattress. They lose air on the first night and return the mattress at the first chance they get.
This is where things get magical.
Etekcity send them brand new mattresses (at no cost). These same people that gave negative reviews change their mind, real fast.
Turns out the Etekcity Upgraded Air Mattress doesn’t leak at all and actually stays inflated the entire night.
The reason for the bad reviews is because of quality control issues.
However, the majority of these mattresses are good and have no issues other than the loud motor.
My Final Rating
9. SoundAsleep Camping Series Air Mattress – Specifically designed for camping, has a rechargeable pump and takes 3 minutes to inflate
The SoundAsleep Camping Series Air Mattress is specifically designed for the rough outdoor weather.
The Eco-Friendly PVC, I-Beam Air Coils and multilayer flocked top provide the extra thick material and durability needed for this activity.
This means it WITHSTANDS object that’ll normally puncture traditional air mattresses in the great outdoors.
The external pump and rechargeable battery is included in the purchase and allows for easy inflation/deflation, which blows up in 3 minutes
It can be charged at home and even in the car in case someone forgot to charge it before the trip!
The “sure-grip” technology stops it from sliding.
SoundAsleep also offer a 12-month warranty and a storage bag for easy transportation.
- The high powered pump makes it easy-to-use without getting tired arms you’d usually get from a manual pump
- No sagging in the middle and no bottoming out even with two sleepers
- Comes with a patch kit in cause you’re on the move and experience a hole or puncture
- Great performance considering the low price and lack of features
- Found by many users to hold air, which only needs to be inflated every few days
- Requires a few days for the material to fully stretch before taking it out in the field
- Have to manually push the rest of the air out after deflation
The SoundAsleep company have some mixed feedback.
Some people claim they don’t respond, while others say they have great customer service and respond in the first 15 minutes.
I had to do some extensive research on this air mattress to find the real quality, performance and what the manufacturers were hiding,
They have nothing to hide and all they are doing is providing a great mattress that’s ready to tackle the rugged outdoor weather upon arrival.
The battery even comes charged so you can inflate it and check it all out right away.
The cons aren’t bad and the pros outweigh them by a lot.
My Final Rating
10. WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress – Basic but effective with a great price
The WonderSleep Classic Series Air Mattress uses an extremely powerful rotary pump for fast and easy inflation and deflation, which is done in 4 minutes.
It holds its comfort with the Dreamcoil Technology, contains 7 x 5 air coils and internal honeycomb layering for supporting your body and keeping the spine straight.
It’s flat and firm, not squishy or uneven and stores away in the included travel bag.
The fact that it’s heightened with rounded corners for fitting sheets makes it feel like a real bed!
The valve pump eliminates the need for a wall outlet and fits perfect as a camping mattress.
The reinforced bottom prevents sliding, the flocked top is waterproof, extra thick and even puncture-resistant.
- Does ACTUALLY feel like a real bed
- Sits higher than other air mattresses
- No need for a wall outlet so it can literally be inflated and deflated in the wilderness
- High value for money
- Well made and durable. It’s triple seam sealed and has minimal leakage but virtually feels non-existent
- Comes with free repair patches
- Deflates fully and leaves no residue. It can be folded and stored away with ease
- Sags within the first few uses. This is normal and only needs to be inflated a few times to fully stretch
- If the pump breaks, the mattress becomes unusable
This air mattress is made of high quality materials and has proven to last a long time after many uses.
It’s good for camping, hanging out and guest beds.
It’s has a good amount of features and provides a lot of comfort, as users have found out first hand.
The cons aren’t bad especially because it will stretch out after a few uses and become fully usable.
It’s has a great price and does exactly what it’s suppose to do.
My Final Rating
11. Sable Air Bed – Tried and tested for 72 hours straight to ensures it’s up to standard
You’ll feel like you’re sleeping on a real bed whilst on the Sable Air bed.
It includes velvet fabric and a 0.6 flocked top which offers a different touch than other air mattresses.
The ergonomic I – Beam structure ensures you get an undisturbed, sound sleep.
The pump is built-in and electric, much like the ones mentioned in this article. It fully inflates in 3-5 minutes.
Surprisingly, this air mattress has been tried and tested before being released to the public!
They make sure it can hold air for 72 hours straight without leaking, and have included 2 patches in the event it gets punctured, however that may be.
It packs down small and weighs only 14 pounds, making it a great choice for car camping.
It also comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Super easy to relax on since you don’t feel the internal coils. Internal coils make the mattress really comfortable
- No back pain in the morning and no sagging in the middle
- So simple to use, just turn the switch on and inflate it in less than 5 minutes. You decide how much air you want
- More affordable than other air mattresses that don’t offer as much
- No noise when turning over in the night
- Holds air really well, which stays inflated for days before needing a refill
- Difficult getting back into the included carry bag
- The carry bag is weak and doesn’t last long
The Sable Air Bed hasn’t received that many reviews over the years, but the ones it has received have all been positive.
I’m surprised by how comfortable it is and the quality considering it’s under $100!
It’s even visually appealing, not that that’s important when you’re camping, but it is a nice bonus nonetheless.
There are only two minor cons I could find.
The storage back is virtually useless but that has nothing to do with the quality of the mattress or how it performs.
In that case, this is a marvelous mattress that offers a lot at a low price!
My Final Rating
12. SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress – Superb quality with individual soft areas for uninterrupted sleeping
This is another mattress that features the industry leading design; the ComfortCoil Technology with 40 internal air coils.
SoundsAsleep claim it is the most advanced sleeping air mattress on the market!
This creates immense durability and support as it keeps the mattress flat and firm.
It includes a built-in pump which inflates and deflates with one a simple click of a button and fully inflates in under 4 minutes.
The motor is patented to create 20% less noise than its competitors, and has proven to be true.
It has an increased height for easy on and off operation, dual chamber construction and a sure-grip system which stops the bottom from sliding on the ground.
It is puncture-proof, has a waterproof top, added durability and the ability to hold a maximum of 500 pounds.
SoundAsleep have also extended the warranty to 1 year.
- It blows up quickly, just flip the switch and it inflates automatically (very user-friendly pump). There’s no valves to open or close
- The 40 coil construction adds smooth and comfortable support
- Contains individual area softness, so two people don’t sink to the middle
- Extremely high quality and durable. People have slept on this every night and it’s lasted almost a year
- The company stand by their product 100% and will always make sure you’re fully satisfied
- Outstanding customer service
- They offer a full years guarantee
- No auto shut-off on the pump
- Slippery on carpet
- The included patch kit only repairs flat areas
There’s a good reason why this air mattress has received a lot of purchases, the fact that it’s good quality at a remarkable price.
There are so many buyers who’ve found it to work exactly as promised and often times exceeded expectations.
Then there’s the small few who just complain and complain.
There are 3 cons I could find, but in my opinion, they aren’t major considering it has way more pros, great customer service and a very comfortable lining.
My Final Rating
13. Sable Camping Air Mattress – Highly affordable, comfortable and effective at the same time
The Sable Camping Air Mattress feels like a real foam mattress, as it includes the latest technology–the I-Beam constructure–which adjusts to your body shape.
There 0.6 inch flocked top is skin-friendly and waterproof.
All seals have PVC seamless welding and have proven to be fully leak-proof, and even includes an anti-leak valve to make sure all air stays in.
There is a minimum temperature rating of -22 F and handles a total weight of 661 pounds to ensure a comfortable nights sleep no matter what your weight or size is.
The electronic air pump is sold separately. It is a not a must because all pumps work on it but it is nice to have if you get it.
The 12-month warranty can be extended to 36 months just by registering the product.
- It is very comfortable and firm when fully inflated
- The surface is soft and thick, making it baby-friendly
- Quick to inflate and deflate
- Much more affordable than other air mattresses
- Super air tight, as there are no complaints about air loss
- It is NOT self-inflating and requires a pump to inflate, which is sold separately
- Takes a few days for the material to fully stretch
The Sable Camping Air Mattress is one of the best in its bracket.
It’s affordable but high quality, comfortable and effective at the same time.
It may not be as warm as the MondoKing 3D, but at this price it really is the best bang-for-your-buck air mattress.
No one is complaining about it and everyone is loving their purchase and talking about how great it has made their lives.
A great mattress with an awesome price tag!
My Final Rating
14. Top Rated Best Inflatable Bed – Helps with a bad back and has thicker vinyl than other air mattresses
This air mattress is available in 4 different sizes – twin, full, queen and king and can fit fitted sheets.
They are ready-to-use right away and fully inflate to the correct dimensions with first-time use.
That means there is NO time to wait for it to stretch and will always stay true to its size.
What surprised me is that Fox Airbeds rate their dimensions from the sleeping surface and not bulge to bulge, which is different to what everyone else is doing.
It includes the new technology – the “Air Flow System” – which stops sagging in the middle and people falling into the center.
It is stronger than other air beds thanks to the 43% thicker vinyl and also includes a built-in two-way electrical pump.
Quickly inflate or deflate with a flick of a switch.
Fox Air beds offer a 90-day warranty.
- Creates a restful and sound sleep for people with back problems
- Reports of holding air well. It does not to be refilled even after nights of constant use
- People are using it as a temporary bed and have found great success
- Found to be extremely comfortable
- Has a perfect ratio between firmness and softness and can be adjusted to fit your own preference
- Very substantial quality compared to its competitors
- It is cold so a good sheet and sleeping bag is recommended to keep you warm
- It does not have a flocked top, meaning it’s not breathable and can sweat
- Bad customer service – they don’t stand by their product 100%
It may have a few important cons that make or break your decision with this air mattress, however, it still offers a lot for the price range.
For one, it is the top rated air mattress.
And secondly, it’s proven to be very comfortable and substitutes for a real bed, albeit temporarily of course.
It still has more pros than cons and stands to be high quality.
For the price tag and the high amount of features it offers, the Top Rated Best Inflatable Bed is great-value-for-money.
My Final Rating
15. Intex Comfort Bed – Cheap and inexpensive but comfortable and easy-to-use for camping
The Intex Comfort Bed is a single mattress but comes jam packed with features and comfort.
It includes a 20.8 gauge flocked top, 14 gauge vinyl beams, 16 gauge vinyl bottom and sides and a built-in electric pump which fully inflates it in 2 minutes.
The mattress needs to be re-inflated to your desired firmness every few days since the vinyl used relaxes over time.
You can adjust it to any level. If you like firm, pump it up to firm. If you want a little bounce, use less air.
The rounded corners allow sheets to be tucked under and the internal construction creates a unique feature other mattresses don’t offer.
This technology includes two independent chambers for firmness, extra stability and support.
There’s even a built-in pillow!
- It blows up really quickly for an air bed, which fully inflates in 2 minutes with a touch of a button
- The electric pump is attached to the bed so it never gets lost
- Many people have found it to be very comfortable
- Has more features than other air mattresses in the more expensive bracket
- Holds air very well with little-to-no complaints about it leaking
- It is high value for money considering the low price range
- Has a strong plastic chemical odor for the first few days
- When one interior chamber fails, it is virtually unusable
- It is cheap with a low price tag. Don’t expect it to last for years of frequent use
People are purchasing the Intex Comfort Bed and expecting it to be their primary bed as they sleep on it for months straight.
Of course, being cheap and inexpensive it is NOT going to last long and seams will start opening up, so don’t give it a bad review because of it!
You can’t expect it to last that long, but at this price, it does a remarkable job for camping.
People love that it’s comfortable, has a built-in pump so you never have go go searching for it and holds air really well.
It offers so much and asks for little in return.
That, to me, is a winner in my eyes.
My Final Rating
How I Chose the Best
I’ve placed these camping air mattresses from the highest to lowest rating.
These are based off of my own personal ratings after reviewing them and finding the pros and cons.
The true beast here is the Therm-A-Rest MondoKing 3D. It is a foam mattress and fits this list perfectly because it needs inflating exactly like an air mattress.
It is very warm and comfortable and has no bad feedback.
My second favorite is the King Koil QUEEN SIZE Luxury Raised Air Mattress.
This is a top-seller with a good reason why.
The King Koil company have comfort in mind for people of all ages. It has great spinal support, a built-in pillow and high quality fabrics that make it last a very long time.
Each of these air mattresses have their own pros and cons and are good for camping.
It is your responsibility to read them and find one you like the most, or go the quicker route and choose one of my best recommendations above.
Well I hope you found what you were looking for in this article.