Ever wanted to know how to prank your friends and family while you are all out and having fun in the great outdoors?
Well this is my list of the best adult camping pranks that I use almost every time I go with other family members.
Read them and see what one appeals to you the most!
Keep it in your head or write it down, because I want you to leave your favorite one in the comments at the bottom of this article.
Enjoy! Because you’re going to love these!
Camping Pranks – Adults ONLY
1. The Missing Bed – When your victim is out doing something, remove their mattress, or even just the sleeping bag and hide it somewhere. Draw a map of the new location of the bed and put it where the bed was before, watch them go on a treasure hunt. For the best results, wait for them to realize that it’s gone instead of telling them, because the prank will be even better when they are really tired and it’s dark outside!
2. Pinecone Prank – Want to really scare your camping buddy? Put a few pinecones in the end of their sleeping bag during the day. They will get a massive scare and probably run away when they try to cuddle up in their sleeping bag at nighttime, as they will feel something hard and lumpy.
3. The Sheet – If you want to do something more harmless, and it’s even better when your victim is using sheets, then you’ll love this prank. Fold their top sheet in half so it looks like the bottom half is the bottom sheet, you’ll have a good laugh watching them try to get into their bed at night!
4. Post-It Notes – Cover someone’s sleeping bag while they are sleeping with post-it notes, otherwise you can do their entire bedding (sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and pillow) for best results. It’s not fun cleaning them up, trust me.
5. Sunglasses – We all bring sunglasses on camping trips with us. We can use this to our advantage, simply by getting some ash from the campfire (wait until it’s cold of course) and rubbing some on the other persons lens of the sunglasses. Blow whatever is left lurking on top so they won’t suspect anything. Why does this work? They will use the sunglasses and realize they are dirty, when they go and rub the lens, they are going to get ash all on their clothing. I also like to stick ash under RV doors handles, utensils, and and even tent zippers (my favorite).
6. The backpack – Before you head out on a hike, while the victim isn’t looking, remove the contents from their backpack and place some rocks at the bottom of it. When you’ve done that, put their items back in. However, don’t put too much rocks in, because they will know something’s up, so just put enough in to make it a little heavier for them, then you can tell them later on. Watch their eyes light up in surprise 🙂
7. Paper Clip – A paper clip is extremely powerful when you know how to use it properly! You’re actually able to LOCK somebody inside their tent with 1 paper clip! This is done by placing the paper clip over top of the zipper track, and when they try to unzip their door, it will not move. For best results, allow them to open the tent a little bit before the paper clip does its trick, you will then hear them calling for help, but then you make out you can’t hear them.
8. Snake Attack – While this is easily usable back in civilization, it works even better when you’re out camping. Tie a fake rubber snake to a fishing line, then when you want to attack your victim, simply reel in the snake towards the person you are trying to prank. For best results, do it to everyone around the campfire, while it’s dark, and when it’s quiet so you can hear the leaves brushing along the ground. Watch everyone scatter!
9. The Tree And Picnic Table – I love this prank so much, it’s probably my favorite one actually. Have a very thin thread tied to a fake snake or spider and hang it over the tree – above the picnic table. While everyone is sitting around the table and getting ready to eat (or while they are eating), DROP the thread, the fake spider or snake will fall onto the table. Watch the magic happen.
10. The Bird Prank – I find this one to work better to get revenge on somebody. But it still works great as a harmless prank, nonetheless. Place bird seeds at the door of your victims tent. They will wake up to a flock of different birds flying around their tent!
When Should You Use These pranks?
We are all adults here, but that doesn’t mean we are all going to laugh at all the pranks outlined above.
You need to realize that some people won’t take a prank as good as somebody else will.
Some people have a REALLY good sense of humor, while others will take offence to what you have just done.
Whether they retaliate with something negative or positive all depends on the person themselves.
You need to find a good victim, because going out and pranking each and every person you come across isn’t the best idea – definitely not while you’re out camping, where everyone and everything is unpredictable!
Choosing Someone To Prank – Ask Yourself These Questions
- Will they get angry?
- Will they want to take revenge? If so, do you think it will be over the top?
- Will it hurt their feelings?
- Will they take offence?
- Do they usually get angry at these types of things?
If you said YES to even ONE of these questions, then you should consider pranking somebody else.
You don’t know what they are going to do to get revenge, especially if you embarrass them in front of everyone else.
And it’s not like you can trust everyone 100% these days.
In saying that, here’s another set of questions to ask yourself.
- Will they laugh it off?
- Do they usually have a great sense of humor?
- Do they often joke around with others?
- Are they mostly a positive person?
If you said yes, then you have a great victim to perform your prank on!
Stay Safe While Performing Pranks In The outdoors
A harmless prank can turn into a disaster if you aren’t careful.
As I mentioned above, you DO NOT want to prank a person who is going to lash out at you or run off in embarrassment.
Some people get embarrassed very easily, especially if they have insecurities.
You’ll have a much higher chance at pulling off a successful prank if you try it on someone who is always loud, someone who is the jerk of the group, or the jokester of the family and/or friends.
Basically, somebody who is known to brush things off all the time and not take offence to little things. Those are the ones you want to prank, because they love it!
And they will applaud you for getting them so good!
Don’t Take Unecessary Risks
Also, don’t take any ridiculous risks that can put you or your family and friends in harms way.
If it is a harmless prank, then by all means go for it.
However, if you risk falling down a cliff, off a tree, into water, ANYTHING that’s going to be unpredictable, then stay away from it at all costs.
The pranks in this article are all fairly safe and easy to pull off, but I’m talking about other ones in other articles, the ones that require you to do ridiculous things to pull them off successfully.
Those pranks are dangerous, and you’re more than likely going to get someone hurt, and it’s usually the one that deserves it the LEAST!
These are all harmless pranks.
However, if you want to do something more extreme, a prank that is MUCH bigger, then you better make sure it doesn’t do damage to anyone’s feelings, property, or relationships!
That’s the LAST thing you want to happen when all you were trying to do was have a good laugh.
But if you absolutely know that your friends and family will have a good laugh WITH you, then prank away my good friends 🙂
Thanks for reading!
1. Do you have any pranks you want to share?
2. Which one do you want to try in this article?