A tent for camping is very important. As it will be no use to you if it can’t even hold up in strong winds or even resist the rain. I will research this tent and write down my Coleman Naugatuck Tent review in this article.
I’m going to find out if it is actually a product that’s worth the price you pay, and suggest if you should continue with this tent or simply move onto the next.
The manufacturers are describing this tent as having total luxury within the outside world. It can easily fit 2 queen-sized air mattresses. A hinged door is also another added feature on this tent.
This tent has side windows that have specifically been angled so you can have them open in light rain.
Some small features also include electrical ports, a cool air port, and continuous pole sleeves.
What Makes This Tent Unique?
The angled windows are a great feature, since it can still rain in warmer temperatures, and oftentimes you can’t keep cooled down since you have to close the windows. You will not have that problem with this tent.
The luxury-styled design gives it amazing eye appeal and will get the looks from other camp goers.
But what really makes this tent stand out though, is actually because it has the ability to house 2 queen-sized air mattresses. A 6 person tent that has this amount of room space can be hard to find.
What Are Its Specifications?
Product Name: Coleman Signature Naugatuck Tent
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon.com
Weight: 13 pounds
Pole Material: Fiberglass
Center height: 72″
Fabric: 75D 185T
Footprint Size: 13′ x 7′
Guarantee: 30 day return policy
Who It’s For
I find that this tent would be a perfect choice for families that want to go on a weekend camping trip.
It would also be something to consider for a group of friends that want to go camping in the wilderness or just want to relax for a weekend at a public campsite.
Pricing & Purchase Details
You can now get this tent from Amazon.com.
This includes free shipping, along with a 30 day return policy. You can send it back for a repair, in the event that you experience any defects within the tent.
Or simply send it back for a full refund if that’s what you would rather prefer.
The price does vary between $150 and $300, and often changes – so I suggest you check the current price before moving forward.
Pros and Cons
- Very spacious, as a 6 person tent that can hold 2 queen-sized air mattresses is not always easy to find (or have 1 mattress and chairs + table on the other side, with room to spare in the middle for getting changed)
- The side windows provide excellent ventilation. The window in the door, and the meshed roof also give added ventilation
- It is dome-styled, which is the best way to go if you are going somewhere with a lot of wind. I find that this stands strong in heavy winds AND keeps the rain out (the bathtub flooring helps keep rain out from the bottom of the tent too)
- Can be set up quickly, if you’re knowledgeable in tent pitching you can get it done within 15 minutes, and quicker after some practice
- This tent will easily fit back into its carry case, as other tents can almost be impossible for this to happen
- The Velcro that holds the door closed is a little tricky to get lined up with the tent, which can be a pain, especially if little things like this bother you
- The stakes aren’t the best, however they still get the job done
- A little pricier than some other family tents
If you would rather have a tent in the same price range, but has better stakes and can actually be pitched in 60 seconds flat (literally, it has an instant setup feature), however it is dome-shaped and may not be as strong to hold up in heavy winds, then see the CORE 6 Person Tent.
Or, there’s another tent similar to this, but will probably need a little seam-sealing first before being taken out on the field. But it is much cheaper and better for someone who’s on a budget, just not as high quality. Check out my Coleman Montana 6 Person Tent review.
Do I Recommend The Coleman Naugatuck Tent?
I really like how you can stand up and walk around in this tent, if it’s raining outside then this really makes been inside so much easier, getting changed seems to be a breeze too.
It has many features that a lot of other tents don’t have, such as the hinged door so you don’t have to keep zipping/unzipping it to get in and out, but rather swing it and Velcro attach it for more convenience.
After thoroughly researching this tent and debunking all negative feedback (which was hardly any, and should be nothing to worry about in the first place), and after seeing that the cons are definitely something anyone can live with, I would highly recommend this tent to anyone.
My Final Opinion
This could possibly be the best dome-shaped tent I have reviewed so far.
It is a little on the more pricier side and not a good choice for you if you are on a budget. If you are on a budget I would rather you choose the Coleman Montana 6 Person Tent, however I would recommend seam-sealing it first.
Otherwise, if you definitely have the funds to purchase it and not keen to do any additional weatherproofing first, then the Coleman Naugatuck Tent will make a great choice and definitely for you.
This tent was quite easy to review – simply because there’s hardly any bad feedback for it, for that reason alone, and for the many reasons I have outlined in this article – this tent is highly recommended!