This partially-open tent gets a lot of fantastic reviews, however you never know whether something is actually that good unless you do some good ol’ fashioned research.
So I set out on a mission to find out if this EasyUp beach tent was really THAT good, or is it just a waste of your time and money? I will answer these questions and a lot more in this Pacific Breeze EasyUp Beach Tent review.
What does this thing do? This pop up tent is designed for outdoor use to protect you from the scorching sun, this tent is a perfect choice for relaxing on the beach or any other outdoor activity where the sun is just too hot to handle, and a portable, quick set-up shelter is what you are after.
What ultimate benefits does this specific product provide? I really like that this tent is incredibly simple to set up, and does its job perfectly, which is to keep you sheltered from the sun, rain and wind, while also providing enough breeze to keep you cool.
What are its specifications?
Sun Protection: UPF 50
Weight: 4.5 pounds
Material: Breathable polyester
Frame Material: Fiberglass
Flooring: PE water resistant
Guarantee: 1 year return warranty
Who It’s For
The Pacific Breeze EasyUp Beach tent makes a good choice for a family who enjoy going to the beach and want some shelter from the sun, sit your baby in this bad boy and he/she will turn into a happy chappy watching the waves crash into swimmers 🙂
I find that this tent is also good for campers that want additional shelter without having to sit in a hot tent all day. Because of the completely open-sided face, you are able to stay safe from the heat and get some nice cold breeze.
Pricing & Purchase Details
This tent is now available from Amazon.com, currently at its cheapest price of $60 – $100, includes free shipping and a 1 year return warranty – in case you are not satisfied or something breaks on the tent you can return it without charge.
- This tent is so simple to set up, it can be pitched in a matter of seconds when you get the hang of it (which doesn’t take that long)
- The tent comes with some sand holders just in case you need additional weight to hold it down in strong winds, good for when it’s pitched on the beach, just throw some sand in there and you’re away laughing. The weight of the items and people inside the tent should be good enough
- The company really paid attention to the detail of this tent, enhancing the overall user experience
- The windows are quite large, adding extra ventilation to cool you off, or close them up if you want to stay warm
- Extra pockets on this tent are a good fit, especially for suntan lotion, kids togs, and other frequently used items
- This tent is so lightweight – weighing just 4.5 pounds, making it a perfect fit for any small backpack
- It’s not the biggest tent in the world, so this isn’t a good choice if you want more than 2-3 people sitting in it
- Not all products are perfectly made, so there’s a slight chance you could get a bad one where a spoke or pole brakes
- The supports are created as hollow fiberglass, so not the strongest poles out there
- They company claims that the tent is UPF 50, however there are multiple people that beg to differ, to be on the safe side – make sure to put sunscreen on – especially the kids!
A Few Notes
- If the sand is hot, then the flooring on this tent will be hot, make sure you place a towel down before you sit inside.
- Keep in mind, this tent is not designed to hold up in hurricane winds or keep you dry from heavy rain
- If there is no wind outside, the tent will also have no breeze coming through it so don’t expect to stay cool if it’s completely calm outside
- It’s quite difficult to find extraordinary customer service within the outdoor equipment industry, however this company will probably be the best support you have ever seen (no exaggeration)
Do I Recommend This Tent?
THIS is a summer shade tent, it doesn’t have a door so it is not a camping/sleeping tent, if you’re after something that you can sleep in for the night – this is not the best choice for you or you will be left wet and cold. ==> This 4 person tent might be what you’re after.
However, if you want a tent that will keep you sheltered from the sun while you watch your kids at the beach, or you want to sit in a partially-open breeze shelter while you are camping during the day then this is what you are looking for and recommended for you.
My Final Opinion
While it’s not the cheapest pop up tent out there, I do find that it more than makes up for it with the fantastic design and the simple set up system.
If you are heading to the beach but not a fan of the scorching hot sun pointing straight at you, or you enjoy your own privacy within the outside world, then this is a perfect product for you.
If you want to sleep in a tent for your upcoming camping trip, or you want some shelter from a downpour while you are having a backyard barbecue then this isn’t for you.
For the reasons outlined above, and the simple fact that it’s designed to keep the basic elements off you and does a great job at it, if you are an outdoors family then this tent is highly recommended!