I wanted to give my personal opinion on the the TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag.
It has accumulated a lot of different feedback over the years, ranging from really negative, all the way up to people loving it and saying it is worth the price.
But of course, I wanted to dive into the reviews and find out what the real quality of this sleeping bag is.
So you are now reading my Teton Sports Trailhead Review.
Find out whether or not this sleeping bag is high quality or just a waste of money by reading the rest of this article 🙂
This sleeping bag is created with a very unique design. The manufacturers have made an emphasis on weight reduction and comfort with this one.
It is actually slightly longer AND wider than other mummy-shaped bags.
This sleeping bag includes a breathable liner and an extended foot box so you have more room for your feet and toes.
And yes, you can unzip it from the top and bottom.
It also includes zipper pulls that are located on the interior and exterior, which means you can still close the sleeping bag the entire way when you have the hood clinched.
Other features include:
- Velcro tab to ensure the sleeping bag stays closed
- Taped zippers with anti-snag design
- Engineered with acetal resin. This allows the sleeping bag to handle very cold temperatures and pressure, but still being lightweight and durable at the same time
- Zippered interior pocket to place your phone, keys, wallet, etc
- Zipper draft tube (a piece of fabric covering the zipper holes to stop cold air from seeping through)
- A shoulder baffle. This adds extra protection and keeps the warm air inside the sleeping bag
What Makes This Sleeping Bag Unique?
I like the design of it, it really makes it stand out from its competitors.
Plus the manufacturers are making sure you are going to stay warm and cozy.
Not to mention that it is lightweight but still capable of keeping you toasty warm with all the great features it provides.
What Are Its Specifications?
Product name: TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
Dimensions: 3.94 x 31.89 x 87.01 inches
Weight: 2.87 pounds
Temperature rating: 20 Degrees Fahrenheit
Guarantee: 30 day return policy with Amazon
Who It’s For
The Teton Sports Trailhead is designed for both male and female.
It also has the weight capacity and a temperature rating to work incredibly well for a backpacker who’s planning on camping in really cold conditions.
It has been found to make a good choice even in the summer time too, and that’s because you can unzip the bag and cool off if you start overheating.
This bag can be a viable option of you want to go hammock camping with it too, and that’s because it has a ‘reasonable’ temperature rating.
Pricing & Purchase Details
To get this sleeping bag, you can get it at an affordable price from Amazon.com.
The cost of this bag sits in a price range of $50 to $80, which is why I recommend you check the price first.
With Amazon, you get a 30 day return policy. Get a full refund if you decide it wasn’t up to your expectations.
Otherwise if you find a defect on the product, you can get a repair.
TETON Sports provide limited lifetime warranties, so that is also included with the purchase.
Pros and Cons
- Really lightweight while being durable and high quality. That has been found true by hundreds of people that have used it themselves
- This sleeping bag is incredibly roomy, allowing people with wider shoulders and over 6 feet to sleep inside it comfortably. Even someone that was 6.9 feet could get inside this and zip it up, however he couldn’t move around in it (lol)
- Packed with a lot of features that other sleeping bags don’t have (foot box, zipper baffle, shoulder baffle etc)
- So many people have found this bag to be really comfortable. The inside material is soft and not slippery/slick, so you wan’t slide around in it
- You will not be comfortably warm at +20ºF, as that is the survival rating. To stay toasting warm through the entire night, 40-45ºF is the ideal temperature
Do I Recommend This Sleeping Bag?
Listen, this bag is incredibly high quality FOR THE PRICE.
If you want to go Down and expensive, then go ahead.
But if you want something that’s synthetic and works exactly as advertised, then this is the one to go for.
To be fully honest with you, you can’t go wrong with this sleeping bag, especially for the price you pay.
It works as intended, while the manufacturers aren’t hiding anything from the buyers either.
You get everything that they say, so I have no problems with this sleeping bag.
The only misconception that I found was that people were expecting to be toasting warm at +20ºF.
However, that is the SURVIVAL RATING, meaning you can be inside this sleeping bag and stay alive at those temperatures.
If you want to be completely warm, then you should camp at 40-45ºF. If you understand that, then I absolutely know you will enjoy this sleeping bag.
I have no issues with it, so I will say it’s highly recommended.
My Final Opinion
If you want the best bang for your buck, I can’t think of a better sleeping bag than the TETON Sports TrailHead +20F Ultralight Sleeping Bag.
There are a lot of people praising this bag and talking about how much they loved it.
The only negative reviews are from the ones that said it was way too cold for them, and that’s because they were camping in exactly +20F.
If you do that, you will stay alive, but to be completely warm, then you should camp somewhere around 40-45ºF.
That’s the only downfall that it has, but that is the problem with most sleeping bags anyway.
For all the reasons I have mentioned inside my Teton Sports Trailhead review, and for the simple fact that there were only a small number of negative feedback, while the positive ones outweigh these by a lot, I’m going to say that this sleeping bag IS highly recommended!