The Wenzel does look like an OK tent, but is it really worth your money? I will write down my Wenzel Pine Ridge Tent review in this very article and let you know if it’s of any value or not.
Too many people are getting ripped off from fake reviews and fake distributor ratings. So I set out to find out if this tent is actually strong enough to stand in heavy winds and torrential downpour.
I’m an honest guy with an honest opinion 🙂 I will answer the above questions and many more in my full review below.
The manufacturers claim that this tent is a great outdoor suite, more than just a shelter. This tent also contains a light system (revolutionized Lite Reflector).
What I like the most out of the reflect system, you only have to sit a flashlight or headlight onto the gear loft, point it at the Lite Reflect and you have an EVEN glow throughout the tent.
This tent also comes with a room divider, making it simple to divide the tent up into 2 rooms.
I find this useful if you simply want privacy OR to have the kids in the other room so they feel like they’re in their own tent, yet not too far away from the parents.
What Makes This Tent Unique?
That awesome lighting system seems to be something that stands this tent out from the crowd.
Not only that, but this tent has also been the #1 Best Seller, so you absolutely know that this tent is already better than many others.
The amount of ventilation this tent has is also a great feature. With 2 mesh doors, 3 mesh windows, AND a mesh roof, this makes the perfect cross breeze, eliminating condensation buildup.
What Are Its Specifications?
Product Name: Wenzel Pine Ridge Tent – 5 Person
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon.com
Weight: 11.02 pounds
Dimensions: 10 x 5 x 8 feet (W x H x D)
Pole Material: Fiberglass
Occupancy: 5 person
Guarantee: 10 year limited warranty
Who The Wenzel Pine Ridge Tent Is For
This tent has been designed for small families, while 5 people will be a stretch in this tent, it CAN be done. However there will be no room for gear.
Best used with 4 people, maximum, so you still have room for your equipment.
Otherwise if you want to take 5 people, your best option is to take the car so you have somewhere to store your gear at night.
Great for small families, and a perfect choice for a group of friends that want to go for a camping trip (although 4 people maximum, so there’s room for gear).
Pricing & Purchase Details
Right now, this tent is currently available. The price varies between $80 and $100, however most of the time it stays under $100.
This tent also comes with a 30 day return policy, where you can send the tent back for a repair, or a full refund if you choose to.
A 10 year limited warranty is also on the table with this tent.
Pros and Cons
- I really like the lighting system that this tent has, good for an even glow throughout the tent without having to hold the flashlight
- Pretty good at standing up against 40 MPH winds, so I wouldn’t have any problems in going higher than that
- The waterproofing capabilities are awesome as well, however just make sure the zippers are closed right up to be sure no rain can leak through
- I find that this tent is also easy to set up, if you’re knowledgeable in tent-pitching it should be a breeze
- This tent is also not as heavy as other 5-8 person tents, and could actually be something to consider for anyone going backpacking
- On a hot summer night when you know there will be no rain, take the rain fly off and it makes you feel like you’re sleeping right under the stars
- The zippers aren’t the best. MOST of the time you will have to use them slowly, and if they get stuck on the fabric please don’t try and force them
- It isn’t the strongest material, but for the price you pay there is almost nothing to complain about, especially with a 10 year limited warranty
If you want a tent that will have no problems with the zippers and going to be a much better quality, however it is A LOT more expensive (just under $200) but will last you longer, then the CORE 6 Person Instant Cabin tent is definitely something to check out.
Do I Recommend This Tent?
In a heartbeat, surprisingly! A tent at this price, I did not expect it to be this good. Yes, the zippers are not the best but if you actually use them cautiously I would say that they will last just as long as the tent.
I don’t usually praise tents this much, which is why it’s rare for me to recommend a tent of this price so easily.
For the waterproofing capabilities and the sheer amount of pros you can benefit from, I’m going to recommend this tent 100%.
My Final Opinion
For a tent at this price, you would think it would be a piece of junk. However this is FAR from the truth, which is rare to say about a tent in this price range.
You would easily be able to get your moneys worth out of this tent in 5-10 trips, although I have no doubts that you will be able to get more out of it.
I also like how it’s not actually that heavy either. Sitting at 11 pounds, split this up with 3 people and go backpacking into the bush for a 3+ day excursion.
However all in all, this tent works better than I would have ever thought, for that reason, and many more outlined above – this tent is highly recommended!