I want to find out if the Marmot Limelight 2P Tent is as good as the manufacturers claim it to be.
I’m all for finding the truth, and if that means scouring the internet and reading different feedback, then that’s exactly what I will do.
Marmot are usually highly trusted, but even the most trusted brands in the world release bad products once in a blue moon.
So what the heck is this tent about? Is it worth purchasing?
Well keep reading my Marmot Limelight 2P Tent review to find the truth.
Summary: It isn’t the lightest 2-person tent on the market and the only major con is the 22 inch poles, when the packed size says 18 inches. However, the amount of protection it provides against the elements is outstanding.
It can even protect you from a few inches of snow. Of course it isn’t good for the tent and not designed for it, but in the event it catches you by surprise, you will stay safe.
This tent follows the “keep it simple” approach.
It has a quick setup, sleek design and a very livable interior.
The manufacturers have increased the volume without adding anymore weight (as a result of the ‘zone construction’).
It is light, roomy and comfortable.
There isn’t much information around the internet regarding this tent, but I did manage to find all the useful stuff, especially the features it provides!
Product name: Marmot Limelight 2P Tent
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
Color: Cinder/Rusted Orange
Size: 2 person
Rating: 3 season
Weight: 5.11 pounds
Center height: 3.5 feet
Base Size: 7 ft 4 in x 4 ft 6 in
Tent Area: 33 sq. ft
Packed size: 7″ x 18″
- Large Doors – The doors featured are: One large double D-door (front access), and a rear door
- Vestibule – Both the front and rear of this tent contain vestibules. Each person camping in it have their own storage area
- Body Zone Pre-Bends – This system is what creates the larger-than-usual interior space. You can actually sit up without touching the walls!
- Rain fly – The rain fly provides the waterproofing. It comes all the way to the ground for protection against side rain too. All seams are taped for even more protection, while the vents offer air flow for combating condensation
- Storage – There are MULTIPLE storage options available, which is always good. This includes: interior pockets, 2 vestibules, and even a lamp shade pocket
- Footprint – YES, the footprint is included free in the purchase! Place it under the tent to protect your investment
Anything Worth Mentioning?
It does pack into a small size, surprisingly! I know a 1-person tent that packs down larger than the Marmot Limelight.
And even though it’s not incredibly lightweight, it is still a good choice for camping as well as backpacking. Just split the weight up.
The increased volume and steep walls makes for a much more COMFORTABLE area to hang out in – if you get stuck in a sudden storm of course!
Who Should Buy This Tent?
It’s not too light nor too heavy, so it actually works for camping AND backpacking.
Anyone that’s looking for simplicity and efficiency at the same time will enjoy the benefits of the Marmot Limelight 2P Tent.
Also, if you enjoy having lots of space in your tents but don’t want to go a bigger size, I have no doubts you will fall in love with this one.
Where Can I Buy?
My favorite place to purchase outdoor gear is from Amazon.
Well they have the cheapest prices, fast deliveries, great customer service and a money-back guarantee!
This means you can get your money back within those first 30 days even if you simply do not like your purchase (all repairs are completely free as well).
The false advertising is a completely acceptable con that people are claiming.
The poles are 22 inches, meaning it can be awkward and difficult to pack in your backpack.
So yes, I agree that this is indeed a problem.
But when you have people complaining about the color of the tent and giving it 3 stars as a result, then we have a problem.
People should NOT be giving it low stars just because of the bright orange color.
They knew what the color was before purchasing!
All in all, this tent is AMAZING.
It will keep you sheltered, dry, comfortable, warm and safe from heavy winds.
The only real problem I could find was the long poles. Although this is only minor in my eyes.
It really isn’t a big issue, especially when the most important thing is to keep you safe, dry and alive.
The Marmot Limelight 2P Tent is highly recommended!
1. Do you want to know anything else about this tent?
2. What type of tent are you typically looking for?
I know I can help 😀 Drop a comment below!