What is the difference between Coleman tents and Ozark Trail tents?
I want to find the biggest differences between these brands so you know what to expect when shopping for a tent for your next outdoor adventure.
I already have a good idea about the performances after reviewing these two brand for the last two years.
But for the sake of formation and because I absolutely know others want to know how these two brands compare to each other, I’m going to write down my findings 🙂
What Ozark Trail Specialize In
The Ozark Trail brand provide tents for family campers.
They have 6-person tents all the way up to 12-person and that is what they focus on the most.
They DO have smaller tents, but in my opinion they don’t offer a lot.
I have no idea why they’ve even jumped into the smaller tent market because they do better with the family tents.
All in all, they specialize in large tents in the affordable price range.
I’ve reviewed many of their tents and read a bunch of online feedback; they know how to make their tents waterproof and that is what makes them stand out within the competitive camping space.
- High quality – Their tents are made with quality in mind and last a long time with frequent use
- Great waterproofing – I’ve reviewed their tents in the past, scoured the internet for different feedback and have come to the conclusion that their tents have great waterproof abilities
- Great wind-resistance – 90% of the their tents have good wind-resistance; they can withstand strong wind gusts
- Affordable – They offer good quality family-sized tents at affordable prices
- Instant Setup – Most of their tents have the “instant setup” function. The poles are pre-attached to the fabric which allows the tent to be setup in 60 seconds flat (yes, even the large ones)
- Limited Options – They are not common within the outdoor space so they don’t have a lot of options for campers to choose from
- Lack of backpacking tents – They focus on family tents so their small handful of backpacking tents aren’t worth getting in my opinion.
[Read: Best Backpacking Tents]
What Coleman Specialize In
Coleman have been around a long time and continue to show society they are out to help families and even solo campers in the great outdoors.
That’s exactly why they have a wide range of outdoor products and tents to choose from.
They mostly focus on family tents but also have smaller tents available for solo adventurers.
Coleman are either a “hit or miss” kind of brand.
Their tents are either going to be high value for money or a complete waste of money, in my opinion of course.
All in all, they specialize in affordability, variety and uniqueness and have done a great job following that trend.
- Affordable – Coleman tents are all in the affordable price range, allowing budget-seekers and low income families to enjoy their time in the great outdoors without breaking the bank
- Variety – They offer tents for solo campers, tents for a group of friends and even large families. They have a tent for whatever adventure you pursue in the great outdoors
- Lack of quality – Coleman create tents and put them on for sale as fast as possible.
Their tents slip through quality control much easier than other brands and have been made with low quality materials (most of the time).
This is exactly why their tents don’t last long with frequent use.
- Thorough research required – You’re sacrificing quality for cost with the Coleman brand, meaning more research is needed on a specific tent to discover the real quality and performance
Ozark Trail have a limited number of options to choose from but the ones available all perform well in the field.
They don’t have solo campers in mind as their main market is family campers on a budget.
Their tents are waterproof, high quality and packed with features.
You will not be let down if you go with the Ozark Trail brand.
Coleman on the other hand, are a little more difficult.
Their tents are not always high quality so extensive research is needed on a tent you’re purchasing or you may be let down…big time.
Read next: Everything you need to know about Coleman
Let me know what you think of the two brands below. Are you an Ozark Trail or Coleman fan?
Cheers and have a great day!