This does look like a great looking tent, and a distinctive design that I haven’t seen before. But is it enough to stand in strong winds or keep you bone dry when a downpour hits you?
I’m going to be thoroughly researching this tent and writing down my full Coleman Evanston Screened Tent review in this article.
Although it isn’t the cheapest tent on the market, it is definitely in an affordable price range and going to get the eyes from passerby and other camp goers. Let’s get right into it.
There’s not much information regarding this product on Amazon.com, so a little more research is in order to really dig down into what this tent is about.
This tent contains a screened porch to sit down and drink beer 🙂 or simply chat with family and friends. Because it’s screened off, there’s no need to worry about mosquitoes and other annoying bugs getting in.
In addition to the screened porch, there is also 4 large windows. I find these to work great for maximum ventilation.
The manufacturers are describing this tent to be easy to set-up and take down, while there’s a weather system that they are claiming to keep you bone dry.
What Makes This Tent Unique?
The screened porch that this tent provides is a truly unique design and something I haven’t seen before, while I’ve been reviewing these tents.
However, the 4 large windows look like a massive benefit for all outdoor campers.
Due to ventilation being a big problem in tents, the manufacturers have gone the extra mile to ensure that no condensation will be building up inside of this one.
What Are Its Specifications?
Product Name: Coleman Evanston Screened Tent
Cheapest Place To Buy: Amazon.com
Weight: 20.9 pounds
Occupancy: 6 people
Material: polyester taffeta 75D
Pole Material: fiberglass
Floor Area: 1,102
Guarantee: 30 day return policy
Who It’s For
Since it’s classed as a 6 person tent and able to fit 2 queen-sized air mattresses inside (been tested and found true), I would say this is a perfect family tent.
However, I would say that this tent will make a great choice for a group of friends wanting to go on a weekend camping trip, especially because it’s an affordable price and not going to break the bank.
Since it is quite heavy though, it would be good for all people wanting to go car camping. This tent should NOT be used for backpacking, it is just too heavy.
Pricing & Purchase Details
The price of this tent varies between $110 and $190, and can be purchased from Amazon.com. The price does change often though. so I’d prefer you check out the current price first.
After purchase you will be given a 30 day return policy, meaning you can send the tent back for a full refund, or just a repair if you find any defects in it.
Pros and Cons
- I like how it’s extremely large and will easily hold 2 queen-sized air mattresses, good for the families that enjoy a bit of Glamping
- Surprisingly, it DOES hold up in strong gusts of wind and will keep you dry even in heavy downpour
- Pitching this tent and taking it down is also a breeze, which has been tested and found true by many people that have used it. It will also only need 1 person to set it up (roughly 15 minutes if you’re knowledgeable in tent pitching)
- This tent contains a screened porch that includes a flooring material, so you won’t be sitting on the grass. (I’m starting like this tent myself :P)
- Extremely well-ventilated. All 4 windows are designed perfectly so you won’t have to worry about any condensation building up
- The awnings over the windows will block a little bit of the outside view
- The guy lines come out too far, making it easier for people to trip over them. Reflective ones are recommended if you don’t want this happening, OR just be a little bit more cautious
- Because the rain fly only comes up halfway over the screened porch, in a heavy downpour the rain will get inside there. However the rain will not get into the main tent though
If you want an instant setup tent (60 seconds flat), and has no awnings covering the windows, while the guy lines won’t be an issue either, however it is a little more expensive and doesn’t contain the porch area.
It is cabin-styled too, check out my review on the CORE 6 Person Tent.
Or, if you want something MUCH more lighter, still going to keep you bone dry, and cheaper too – however it’s only a 5 person tent and also doesn’t have a porch area, then read my review on the Wenzel Pine Ridge Tent.
Do I Recommend This Tent?
One thing I would do to be on the absolute safe side and because not all tents are created with equally, I would seam seal the tent before using it.
It isn’t mandatory, but it is a good idea if you want to be ensure you and your family isn’t going to be waking up to a tent full of water at 2 in the morning.
Other than that, this tent works exactly as advertised with most people claiming it to be true.
What an absolute stunner! Definitely recommended.
My Final Opinion
I really like the design of this tent, with a screened-porch that also contains a material flooring, that is something I haven’t seen yet.
There is no additional weatherproofing that needs to be done, so this tent is ready to go, straight out of the box (unless you want to seam seal it first just to make sure).
I really like this tent and wouldn’t mind getting one for myself. The manufacturers have gone the extra mile to create a distinctively, unique tent that works just as good as it looks like it would.
High quality and affordable, what more could you want? For the many reasons outlined, and for the simple fact that the cons are pretty much nothing to worry about, I’m going to recommend this tent 100%.