If there’s one thing I’ve discovered throughout my years of camping and writing on my blog, it’s that people want to know if CORE tents are better than Coleman.
Instead of replying to each and every person individually, I thought I’d just cover it in a post so everything is in one place.
Keep in mind that I am completely unbiased and not afraid to tell the truth.
If you’re a long-term reader you will already know that anyway 😛
Alright, lets get started!
What CORE Specialize In
CORE specialize in high quality products.
They aren’t afraid to go all out on a tent, hence why they provide special H20 Block Technology, water repellent fabrics and active bead technology.
All of this combined creates a vastly superior waterproof tent that has no trouble keeping the rain out even in a torrential downpour.
They also have the “instant” feature, meaning all poles are pre-attached to the body.
It’s just a matter of unfolding the tent, extending it and pitching it – all can be done in a mere 60 seconds flat.
The adjustable ground vent promotes ventilation to stop any condensation buildup.
Massive wall organizers, large windows and mesh ceilings are also included!
So yes, you can stargaze easily with CORE tents.
- Affordable – Their tents may not be as cheap as Coleman but they definitely are not highly expensive either. For what you get they are in a great price range if you ask me
- Extreme water protection – The CORE H20 Block Technology has been put on all of their tents. They give the best water run-off possible
- Strong wind protection – Taking a look at all my reviews on CORE tents, they all seem to have great wind protection. Even their cabin tents do well in the wind, so you’ll be safe if an unexpected storm passes through the night
- Options for all size groups – Core offers many size options from a 6 person tent up to 12 person cabin tent.
- Zippers – There’s been reports of bad zippers with almost all CORE tents. They get stuck on the outer fabric frequently
What Coleman Specialize In
Coleman are well-known for their extreme affordability and vastness.
They are one of the most common brands and there’s a good reason why. They specialize in highly affordable family tents but aren’t afraid to go smaller for those that need them.
Because they specialize in 5-8 person tents, their smaller tents don’t perform as good. However, Coleman always focus on “decent” quality for a good price.
Their tents have “okay” water and wind protection, but I can’t say they perform beyond expectations because they don’t.
In saying that, I’ve reviewed many Coleman tents on this exact website and found one that stands out the most.
It is the Coleman Steel Creek 6 Person Tent.
The Coleman Steel Creek 6 Tent
- Highly Affordable – Coleman tents are actually less expensive than CORE. You can purchase a really great family tent for less than $150 bucks!
- Can sometimes find a bargain – They are always releasing new tents and growing their arsenal, so over the years there have been some great bargains. You may find a tent that’s created with more quality of the same type. These lasts for many many years
- The quality is a bit shaky – There’s a downside to their tents being in a highly affordable price range, the fact that they aren’t constructed as well as CORE tents. This means there’s more of a chance for your tent to have bad stitching, weak material, bad floor, etc
Literally the most common complaint with CORE is the bad door zippers, although it is an extremely minor issue since Coleman suffer from bad quality and weatherproofing.
However, don’t get me wrong.
I have no problems with Coleman because they definitely have some great tents.
Because of them, families have been able to get out in the great outdoors and enjoy a camping trip with their children for many many years.
So yes, they do have good tents. It just means more research will be needed to find the major and minor cons before making your final decision.
With the CORE brand, there are less options but better quality. You pay a little extra money without needing to do as much research.
So that is what I think about the two brands.
I cannot recommend one or the other because they are both good and both have their own pros and cons.
Well thanks for reading.
Let me know what you think of the two brands below. Are you a CORE or Coleman fan?
Cheers and have a great day!