If you are searching for a completely honest Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag review, then look no further.
In this article I’m going to be compiling all information I find for it while debunking all the reviews regarding this specific product and finding out the true quality.
The manufacturers always stretch the truth, or they exaggerate the facts by a LOT.
I’m here to discover everything about this sleeping bag while answering all your questions and concerns.
I hope you enjoy it 🙂
Product name: Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
Dimensions (rolled up): 16.54 x 9.45 x 16.54 inches
Weight: 6.7 pounds
Temperature Rating: 30 degrees Fahrenheit
Guarantee: 30 day return policy + 5 year limited warranty
My final rating: 3.5/5
The Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag is designed for cool-weather camping. However since the temperature rating is at 30 degrees F, it is considered good to use in really cold conditions too.
The material contains a durable, polyester cover, along with a cozy cotton flannel liner, and other features that the traditional and more expensive bags don’t offer.
The ComfortSmart Technology are as follows:
- ZipPlow – Forces the fabric away from the zipper, which stops snags from occurring
- ComfortCuff – Offers softness to your face for a comfortable nights sleep
- ThermoLock – Ensures no heat is going to seep out through the zippers
- FiberLock – This typical system stops the fill material from moving around and creating cold spots. This system helps extend the longevity of the bag
- Roll Control – Makes it much easier to roll the sleeping bag up, as it keeps the bag in place as you’re trying to perform this action
- Quick Cord – This allows you to fasten the cord effortlessly, without tying and creating knots
- Certified Temperature Rating – This means that this sleeping bag has been tried-and-tested numerous times out in the wilderness, and it has been found to keep you warm in temperatures between 30 and 50 degrees Fahrenheit
This sleeping bag IS machine washable, while the manufacturers claim it fits people up to a height of 5 ft. 11 in.
The insulation fill is 3 pounds and consists of ColeTherm, created to keep you warm through the entire night.
What Makes This Sleeping Bag Unique?
The color is definitely not the traditional, colorful styles that you usually see out camping.
It is classed as multi-colored, but more of a dark-greenish color, good for when you’re trying to stay camouflaged when you’re out in the bush.
The amount of features that this bag offers was really something that caught my eye too. Coleman definitely make their sleeping bags well and feature-packed.
And this is one of them!
Who Should Buy This Sleeping Bag?
The height rating is 5 feet. 11 inches, so if you’re that height or lower, then this bag could be one to consider.
If you love backpacking and “ruffin it” (without a tent), then this might be a sleeping bag that you will like.
However, I would also like to mention that it isn’t incredibly light, the weight is 6.7 pounds. So unless you are not taking a tent when you go backpacking, this will work great.
Otherwise I would say it’s perfect for the traditional car/motorcycle camping.
Pricing & Purchase Details
The Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag can be purchased at its cheapest price from Amazon.com.
The price changes all the time, but mostly sits between $30 and $60.
You are allowed get a full refund if you decide it wasn’t up to your expectations.
In the event that you find any defects on the products, it can also be sent back for a repair at no additional cost.
Amazon provide a 30 day return policy, while the manufacturers are offering a 5 year limited warranty for it.
Pros and Cons
- Jam-packed with a lot of different features
- Many people have said that it is comfortable and plush
- These bags are made with durable material, while hundreds of people have found that they stand the test of time
- The 30 degree Fahrenheit temperature rating has been found as true. A lot of buyers have agreed that it works incredibly well in cold conditions (30 – 50 degrees F)
- The cotton lining does NOT make you sweat like the polyester ones do
- Stuff sack not included
- Not recommended for backpacking since it’s too heavy and bulky
- A lot of people have said that the cotton lining feels more like a reusable shopping bag rather than cotton, however still comfortable
- The height rating isn’t the best, anyone over 6 feet can not use it
Do I Recommend This Sleeping Bag?
This product is EXACTLY how it has been described on the product page and inside this review.
It does have a hideous green color, but it’s not like you are trying to impress anyone, you are trying to stay warm in cold temperatures!
Even though there are 4 cons that were worth mentioning, the 5 pros outweigh them by a LOT.
And that’s because the cons are completely minor.
This sleeping bag has been found to be exactly how it is advertised from the manufacturers, while the good reviews, benefits, and the pros are much greater than the negative feedback that it has received.
I will have to say it is highly recommended!
Alternative Sleeping Bag
If you would like a sleeping bag that will fit anyone over 6 feet, the Coleman Dunnock Large Cold Weather Bag can fit anyone up to 6 feet. 4 inches, AND has a better temperature rating, however it has a slightly higher price tag.
The Teton Sports Trailhead Sleeping Bag can fit even taller people (roughly 6′ 6″). But the temperature rating is at 40-45ºF.
Even though it says 20ºF, you will only stay alive if you camp in those cold temperatures, not toasting warm.
This sleeping bag is also slightly more expensive than the Coleman Green Valley.
My Final Opinion
Let’s wind back to the Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag.
I have found that it performs incredibly well and created with high quality material, making it stand the test of time with no problems whatsoever.
These sleeping bags work great and exactly as advertised!
And with all Amazon products, there’s a very slight chance that you can get a bad one.
What this means is that not all products are created exactly the same, the odd 1 or 2 “low quality” ones tend to slip through Quality Control.
These typical products aren’t the best and don’t last as long as the others do.
However, there is only a very slight chance of that happening, and that’s with all Amazon products anyway.
The chances of you getting one of these sleeping bags that work amazingly well are much higher.
Because of all the reasons talked about inside this review and since the cons are completely minor, while the pros are much greater, I’m going to say that the Coleman Green Valley Sleeping Bag is highly recommended!
Have a question or two for me? Leave a comment below, I’d love to hear from you!